Wednesday, August 1, 2007

First annual kidlitosphere drink night at the SCBWI Summer Conference

As you may have already heard via Greg Pincus at GottaBook, we're planning a get-together in LA this Friday night during the SCBWI Conference. It's even got a catchy name - the first annual kidlitosphere drink night at the SCBWI Summer Conference (FAKDN@SSC). Greg says that there are other groups meeting Friday night, but all we've heard of are meeting earlier. Come by anyways, as we'll be there for a while!

We're planning to meet on the patio outside the lobby bar area at 9PM. I'll be there along with a number of other KidLit Bloggers like Greg, the Disco Mermaids, Lisa Yee, Kelly Herold, and more. I'll be the one giving out JacketFlap hats (I'm bringing 200 of them, so first come first serve). I hope to see you there!

Tracy

9 comments:

rilla jaggia said...

I'll be there, Tracy. Looking forward to meeting you. Save a hat for me ;)
Cheers
Rilla

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too if I can figure out the time. Why can't I figure out the time?

I am so sorry.

-Carrie

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, too. Carrie, if you read this, it's at 9 p.m.

rilla jaggia said...

Hey Carrie,
It's at 9pm. Here's the original post from GottaBook
See ya there... ;)

V.B. Purcell said...

Hope it goes well for you. Sounds like a hoot!

Thetoymakers said...

Tracy! Awesome! I'll be there!

And I have a Toymaker button for you and a "Puppy Pirate Radio" pin.

I'm so excited!

Marilyn.

Brian Mandabach said...

I just happen to be in LA to see family this weekend, so thoug I am so out of the loop that I just heard about this conference, I'm going to be there.

Carrie, once you are away from your spotty Maine internet service, you'll be able to figure out the time thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Dang! I missed it. Clueless blogger here.

Greg T.

Manuela said...

ARGH
I hope I will be there next year!