Thursday, June 21, 2007

Charlotte is 1 month old!

Hi my JFF (aka, JacketFlap Friends),

I can hardly believe it has been a month since Charlotte, aka, Charlie was born. She is so YUMMY! Having a 7 & 10 - year gap between my daughters, I definitely forgot how amazing this stage felt with the baby smells and cooing. I also forgot about the sleep deprivation, but having my oldest daughter going into fourth grade puts a new perspective on the sleep deprivation. It is a blink of an eye until my little Charlie will be going into the fourth grade. So I will try to enjoy the 12 a.m., 2 a.m., and 4 a.m. feeding, and I definitely will STOP BLINKING!! I just wanted to send out one big THANK YOU to all of you for your sweet messages regarding the arrival of Charlie. I hope to meet many of you at the SCBWI conference in Los Angeles this August.

Best, Tracy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was never good at the sleep deprivation thing, but I will remember forever changing diapers by candlelight at 4 A.M. while a hurricane roared about us... and my 1-week-old slept deeply through it all.

You'll remember, even when you think you've forgotten. And the oddest things might trigger those recollections.

Like a power outage.

WmEH

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby! Do you know of anywhere on Jacketflap (or anywhere else for that matter) that I can find books in Spanish at the elementary level? I am particularly interested in those that might tie into lessons on math topics. Thanks.

TracyGrand said...

Leslie, you can find spanish books about math by going to a page we're still working on:

http://www.jacketflap.com/books.asp

There is a Find Books box in the upper-left of that page. Type math and spanish in the box, choose "in subjects" from the pull-down menu below the search box, and click Search. The results page that comes back contains the reading level for all the matching books. Please let me know if you need any more help!

Tracy